12.13.2009

Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree


Traditions

Every year since Gary and I got married at Christmas we get a new Starbucks ornament. This is the first year that we took the blue scheme out and added red and have a "starbucks" tree, with the addition of a few other ornaments.
Below the tree is an advent calendar. This year I've started hopefully a new tradition that will stick. I filled each box with little coupons for Gary and Cooper. Some days it's a small wooden toy for Cooper or a board book (all from the dollar section at target) or chocolates for Gary or a coupon for me to make his favorite meal. Growing up my brother and I had a calendar that we flipped up to add a new little creature to the nativity scene, I wanted to start a tradition of advent with Cooper. It's a fun way to remember and learn the true meaning of Christmas. Not that getting a little gift everyday is what it's about but it's a fun addition to the calendar. The gifts will never be expensive just little surprises to get when we sit down and celebrate the day. I'm hoping for a fun gift for the 3 of us on the 24th like Christmas pj's.
Our First Starbucks Ornament

This Year's Ornament

I'm on the hunt for the perfect "Baby's First Christmas" ornament to add to the snowman Gary's Grandparents gave him. Not sure what I'll find... to be continued!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


No comments:

Post a Comment