2.11.2011

Banana Muffin Maker

We recently found a recipe in my Ebenezer Church Cookbook for Banana Muffins. They are quick and easy and "oh so good for you!" Ok so they aren't good for you with a 1/2 cup of butter and a cup of sugar but they are really good and let me tell you Cooper and Gary put the hurting on them when I bake them.
Coop likes to sit on the counter when I'm in the kitchen cooking and that Saturday morning was no exception. He got a little brave and reached out to touch the beater on the mixer to taste the batter. Typically I'm not a fan of eating batter because a raw eggs but he was in love the second that he tasted it so there was pretty much no stopping once he started. 



It started out with just a finger licking and became...


A measuring spoon full then...


A measuring cup! 


He had a good time taste testing and we got a good laugh!

Here's the recipe if you're interested:
Banana Muffins
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1tsp baking soda (in 1/3 cup hot water)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 cup mashed bananas

Mix well; pour in muffin tins (greased bottom) 1/2 full.
Bake in 350* oven for 20 minutes.

I think I might put chocolate chips in some next time! Sounds awfully tasty to me!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! I agree with you Coop, batter tastes great. Trip sure liked those muffins when we were at your house. Thanks for sharing the recipe- I still need to find the box that contains my Ebenezer cookbook.

    ReplyDelete