4.29.2009

Week 29 - "He's a keeper"


So it's not the best picture I've ever taken but it was the best of the bunch. Gary kind of gets annoyed I think when he's taking them and I keep saying EWWW NO!

I had a doctor's appointment today. It went really well! He came in and said how's my aneeba patient doing? Whatever that means. -That I'm going to be an independent one!
As he pushed around on tatertot he said "what did you change that was so dramatic to make your blood pressure what it was that day to what it is today other than your diet? The caffeine that you had and being anxious that day couldn't have been it all. Your blood pressure is SO much better. That just doesn't happen, especially this late in pregnancy."
After he finished the exam and we were walking out he said he may do a case study on me later because this just doesn't happen normally. People's blood pressure doesn't normally get back to normal and stay there this late. So that was good news.
The crazy news is I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks. I can't believe that I'm that close to the end of my pregnancy to already have my last ultrasound scheduled and my every 2 weeks appointments starting. That just blows my mind!

For the "he's a keeper" part...
Gary and I were driving home tonight and he asked me about how big the baby was now. (I get a weekly update telling how big he is.) I told him what it said this week. About 2 1/2 pounds and 15 inches. He said, "that's a good size fish! He's a keeper." Then he asked if that made him a hillbilly!!
Well...
I did get a good laugh out of it as I shook my head at him. I guess if the internet can compare our baby to the size of produce he can compare it to a fish. Just sounds kind of funny but all those descriptions do. That's what makes them so fun to read. So the fun part every week is to find out what vegetable the baby is that week. This week he weighs the amount of a butternut squash. So the next time you're at the grocery store pick up a butternut squash and know that tatertot is close to that! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love your vegetable/fish analogies. Just another reason that you and Gary are so good together! Thanks for a good laugh! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the "fun" days of picture taking. Brian would take SO many pictures and none were ever good enough. And Gary, yes, that does make you a hillbilly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics look great! I was the same way with Andy. He took some pics right at the end and I looked as big as a house! Then I just set up a tripod and took some of my own and they turned out great. Men!! : )
    It will be here before you know it! Good luck with all the rest!

    ReplyDelete